Hire Trusted Pest Exterminators To Provide Protection From Rats, Mice & Other Rodents
Hire pest controllers to provide protection from rodents. Book our pest exterminators to inspect your property and give you the right pest control solution. We offer rat control or mice pest control for residential and commercial properties all over Sydney.
Rats are carriers of various diseases and can cause extensive damage to your property. You need pest control experts to regularly inspect your home and stop a mice or rodent infestation. Since there are many ways a mouse can get into your home, some precautions need to be taken. Our team conducts thorough assessments and can determine entry points around your home in order to prevent new rodents from entering.
Send us your enquiry or talk to us through chat. Schedule an on-site assessment!
Why is rat control or mice pest control important?
As soon as a rat problem is detected, it's recommended to stop the infestation as soon as possible before the rodents breed further and create an even bigger problem. The presence of these pests is dangerous and must be dealt with to safeguard one's health. That's why Masters Pest Control Sydney provides rat pest control throughout Sydney for any home or business.
Rats are notoriously difficult pests to deal with. Many homeowners’ initial reaction when they see rats is to try and take care of the problem on their own. What they don’t realise is that getting rid of a mice infestation is not easy. Using the services of a professional pest control team is still the best way to remove pests once and for all.
Get the best pest control price in Sydney. We can match any comparable quote! Call (02) 8007 4666 to request a quote today.
A Mice Infestation Shouldn't Be Ignored
Rodents cause property damage and can pose a risk to your health.
Rats and mice in Sydney and all over Australia have continuously posed health risks as these critters spread disease. These pests transmit diseases both directly and indirectly. In addition, rats can be quite brazen and are known to bite people in urban areas. Their feeding and nesting habits can also be destructive.
Rats are known to spread deadly diseases. Vermin including rats, for instance, carried the fleas through Europe that resulted in the Bubonic Plague. To this day, rodents can still spread plague and its many variants. Yet, that's only the beginning. People who are bitten or scratched by rodents can contract rat-bite fever. This illness involves chills, fever, joint pain, and rash. In addition, rats also transmit hantavirus, lassa fever, salmonella, leptospirosis, tape worms, hemorrhagic fever with renal failure, and typhus. Many of the diseases or conditions spread by rats can be deadly.
What are the signs of a mice infestation?
Spotting a live black rat or even a dead one should alert you of a possible a rat problem. These rodents also leave other telltale signs. Evidence of a rat problem includes bite marks in both wood and plastics. Droppings are another sign that rodents are active in a home. If you spot holes in walls or the floorboards of your home, it's likely that your home has a rat problem that requires immediate attention.
If you're unsure about the extent of the mice problem in your property, please consult our team and schedule an on-site assessment.
Rat Prevention Tips
Preventing rats from infesting your property is possible if you follow these simple rules. Here are some tips from pest control experts:
- Get rid of any potential sources of food and water for rats. This is why it's important to not leave leftover food lying around the house.
- Seal holes or crevices to prevent rats from entering your property. Determine how rats were able to enter your home. Small rats can enter within a hole as small as 5cm. Use special seals since nailing woods over openings may not be quite enough. Building professionals, for example, use spray foam, escutcheon rings, steel wool and even steel sheets if necessary.
- Use mousetraps to catch mice. Be wary of super rats which are immune to household grade traps and bait control. Take note that using store-bought pest solutions do not offer a lasting solution.
- Spray pest control deterrents around the base of your home to make it a little more difficult for rats enter your property. It's not necessary to use harmful chemical products since using baking soda or even peppermint extract can work very well as rat deterrents. (Related: How to to get rid of rats)
Remember that every case of pest infestation is different. It is still advisable to seek the help of professional pest controllers to determine the right pest treatment that would work in your property. Ask our experts about rodent baits and rat pest control solutions that are safe for children and pets.
What do pest exterminators commonly use to stop a rodent, mice or rat infestation?
- Examples are traps, baits, and glue boards, bait stations
- A cheaper but slower option is the use of rodenticides which are acute anti-coagulants.
- There is a concept known as pulse baiting in which baits are periodically replaced.
- A possible issue with using rodenticides is that snails, crickets and cockroaches love rodenticidal blocks and can eat them before rodents even get to them.
- These tiny pellets of rodenticide are best placed in a rat burrow.
- If you use too many, this pest can become suspicious and decide to throw them out of the burrow. Pest controllers can use a device that disperses pellets in the burrow.
- These are grain-based rodenticide in a plastic bag.
- These were known in the past as throw packs because people would simply open a manhole cover and throw them in. Nowadays, you need to inspect the roof void or sub floor and gently place them there.
- The common one is in a powder form with coumatetralyl as its active ingredient. I
- It is used as a contact dust or as a bait concentrate and mixed with an attractant.
- It is applied in areas where rodents roam, but it cannot be used in places where it can blow onto animals, food and food preparation areas.
- Most commercial products use bromadiolone as their active ingredient.
- All liquid baits need to be placed in a spill-proof container which can be held in a tamper resistant baiting stations.
- It is made of 3% warfarin which is added to something similar to Vaseline grease.
- You will not be able to use fumigants such as aluminium phosphide pellets and tablets for rodent control unless you are a licensed fumigator.
- Fumigants are used only for gassing Norway rats, but only when they are not close to human and animal habitats.
Call our team now to find out exactly how we can remove these rodents in your property.
Home Pest Prevention Tips
You Can Rely On The Masters Of Pest Control
We make sure to follow strict regulations for each type of property. We know exactly how to handle schools, HACCP locations, AQIS3 locations, hotels, and food processing facilities. As a certified member of the Australian Environmental Pest Mangers Association, we adhere to the AEPMA Code of Practice.
Call our professional pest experts to take care of any pests. We aim to provide lasting pest solutions to save you money on pest control. For affordable rat control treatments, you can count on the masters of pest control to offer competitive rates. We can beat any quote!
Our team specialises in rat control and termite control Sydney wide, and can also handle different types of pests in Australia including vermin, ants, cockroaches, and bed bugs, and more. We offer our services all over Sydney.
Not yet ready to book? You may watch out for our latest deals and pest control news by joining our mailing list. Sign up now and download a FREE pest control guide.