Hire Trusted Pest Exterminators To Provide Protection From Rats, Mice & Rodents
Hire pest controllers to provide protection from rodents. Book our pest exterminators to inspect your property and give you the right pest control solution. We offer rat control or mice pest control for residential and commercial properties all over Sydney.
We make sure to follow strict regulations for each type of property. We know exactly how to handle schools, HACCP locations, AQIS3 locations, hotels, and food processing facilities. As a certified member of the Australian Environmental Pest Mangers Association, we adhere to the AEPMA Code of Practice.
Get the best pest control price in Sydney. We can match any comparable quote!
Have An Expert Answer Your Rat Pest Control Question
Many homeowners will, at some point in their life, have a rodent infestation in their properties. As soon as a rat problem is detected, it's recommended to stop the infestation as soon as possible before the rodents breed further and create an even bigger problem. The presence of these pests is dangerous and must be dealt with to safeguard one's health. That's why Masters Pest Control Sydney provides rat pest control throughout Sydney for any home or business.
Rats and mice in Sydney and all over Australia have continuously posed health risks as these critters spread disease. These pests transmit diseases both directly and indirectly. In addition, rats can be quite brazen and are known to bite people in urban areas. Their feeding and nesting habits can also be destructive.
If you need help, we're here to answer any question. Send us a message, chat or call (02) 8007 4666!
Why is rat control or mice pest control important?
Rats are carriers of various diseases and can be dangerous to you and your family's health. This is why you need pest control experts to regularly inspect your home and apply pest control treatments. Since there are many ways a rat can get into your home, some precautions need to be undertaken.
Spotting a live black rat or even a dead one should alert you of a possible a rat problem. These rodents also leave other telltale signs. Evidence of a rat problem includes bite marks in both wood and plastics. Droppings are another sign that rodents are active in a home. If you spot holes in walls or the floorboards of your home, it's likely that your home has a rat problem that requires immediate attention.
Prevent Diseases That Can Be Spread By Rodents
Rats are known to spread deadly diseases. Vermin including rats, for instance, carried the fleas through Europe that resulted in the Bubonic Plague. To this day, rodents can still spread plague and its many variants. Yet, that's only the beginning. People who are bitten or scratched by rodents can contract rat-bite fever. This illness involves chills, fever, joint pain, and rash. In addition, rats also transmit hantavirus, lassa fever, salmonella, leptospirosis, tape worms, hemorrhagic fever with renal failure, and typhus. Many of the diseases or conditions spread by rats can be deadly.
Rat Prevention Tips: How Can I Get Rid Of Rats?
Preventing rats from infesting your property is possible if you follow these simple rules. Here are some tips from pest control experts:
- Get rid of any potential sources of food and water for rats. This is why it's important to not leave leftover food lying around the house.
- Seal holes or crevices to prevent rats from entering your property. Determine how rats were able to enter your home. Small rats can enter within a hole as small as 5cm. Use special seals since nailing woods over openings may not be quite enough. Building professionals, for example, use spray foam, escutcheon rings, steel wool and even steel sheets if necessary.
- Use mousetraps to catch mice. Be wary of super rats which are immune to household grade traps and bait control. Take note that using store-bought pest solutions do not offer a lasting solution.
- Spray pest control deterrents around the base of your home to make it a little more difficult for rats enter your property. It's not necessary to use harmful chemical products since using baking soda or even peppermint extract can work very well as rat deterrents. (Related: Ways to get rid of rats)
Remember that every case of pest infestation is different. It is still advisable to seek the help of professional pest controllers to determine the right pest treatment that would work in your property. Ask our experts about rodent baits and rat pest control solutions that are safe for children and pets.
The Best Way To Prevent Rat Infestations
Here are simple ways you can prevent pest infestations in your home.
Some homeowners prefer to deal with rat problems themselves by using rat poisons and traps. Others may feel it’s more efficient and expedient to contact professional pest controllers. Whatever the case, a solution must be found right away before the rat population in your home grows and leads to serious health consequences.
Rats are notoriously difficult pests to deal with, but combating them is a must in order to protect the home and the health of all who live there. Many homeowners’ initial reaction when they see rats is to try and take care of the problem on their own. What they don’t realise is that getting rid of rats might not always be an easy thing to do. Using the services of a professional pest control team is still the best way to remove pests once and for all.
Working with our pest inspection experts is the ideal way to get rid of the pests from your premises. Our team conducts thorough assessments and can determine entry points around your home in order to prevent new rats from entering.
Consult our experts to find out how you can stop a rodent infestation once and for all. Dial (02) 8007 4666 or send us a message via chat.
What do pest exterminators commonly use to stop a rodent, mice or rat infestation?
- Examples are traps, baits, and glue boards, bait stations
- A cheaper but slower option is the use of rodenticides which are acute anti-coagulants.
- There is a concept known as pulse baiting in which baits are periodically replaced.
- A possible issue with using rodenticides is that snails, crickets and cockroaches love rodenticidal blocks and can eat them before rodents even get to them.
- These tiny pellets of rodenticide are best placed in a rat burrow.
- If you use too many, this pest can become suspicious and decide to throw them out of the burrow. Pest controllers can use a device that disperses pellets in the burrow.
- These are grain-based rodenticide in a plastic bag.
- These were known in the past as throw packs because people would simply open a manhole cover and throw them in. Nowadays, you need to inspect the roof void or sub floor and gently place them there.
- The common one is in a powder form with coumatetralyl as its active ingredient. I
- It is used as a contact dust or as a bait concentrate and mixed with an attractant.
- It is applied in areas where rodents roam, but it cannot be used in places where it can blow onto animals, food and food preparation areas.
- Most commercial products use bromadiolone as their active ingredient.
- All liquid baits need to be placed in a spill-proof container which can be held in a tamper resistant baiting stations.
- It is made of 3% warfarin which is added to something similar to Vaseline grease.
- You will not be able to use fumigants such as aluminium phosphide pellets and tablets for rodent control unless you are a licensed fumigator.
- Fumigants are used only for gassing Norway rats, but only when they are not close to human and animal habitats.
Talk to our team to find out exactly how we can remove these rodents in your property.
You Can Rely On The Masters Of Pest Control
Call our professional pest experts to take care of any pests. We aim to provide lasting pest solutions to save you money on pest control. For affordable rat control treatments, you can count on the masters of pest control to offer competitive rates. We can beat any quote!
Our team specialises in rat control and termite control Sydney wide, and can also handle different types of pests in Australia including vermin, ants, cockroaches, and bed bugs, and more. We offer our services all over Sydney.
Not yet ready to book? You may watch out for our latest deals and pest control news by joining our mailing list. Sign up now and download a FREE pest control guide.