Protecting Your Students From Pest Infestation
Various species of pests such as termites, rodents and birds can affect the school and its surrounding environment, as well as people and children who work and study there. These pests can result in health issues and property damage.
Masters Pest Control Sydney is a professional pest management and control school service provider that is able to deal with all types of pests in your school quickly and efficiently. Sydney wide pest controller, all pests including all pests found in schools, warranty on all work 02 8007 4666.
These pests can find their home in many different places in the school such as:
- Classrooms: pests like dirty classrooms and their population will be the highest in untidy classroom areas such as desks and closets.
- Gyms: these areas are often warm and moist with poor ventilation, especially in the locker rooms, making it an excellent breeding ground for all kinds of pests.
- Lockers: food remnants and other clutter can easily get accumulated in the lockers during the whole school year.
- Cafeterias: pests like to be near food sources which makes cafeterias an excellent nesting place for almost all types of pests.
- Dumpers and trash bins: all waste bags are very vulnerable to pests and especially when they are located near the school.
- School grounds: landscapes and athletic fields that have been neglected attract all sorts of pests some of which can do serious damage and carry diseases.
Integrated Pest Management For Schools
By following integrated pest management instead of simply using extensive pesticides, schools can protect themselves from pest infestation and make themselves safer for children and teachers. Integrated pest management significantly reduces the use of pesticides because it first monitors where the pests are and what species require attention after which they determine what control measures need to be taken.
Schools can also reduce pest populations by identifying and clearing conditions that attract pests. These preventive measures can be easily and quickly implemented and their effect on pests can be very big. Some of these measures include:
- Move dumpsters containing food remnants farther away from school.
- Seal all cracks and wall voids.
- Restrict eating food to cafeterias.
- Repair and remove all leaking pipes.
- Institute strict sanitation measures.
- Clean all gutters and redirect water flow away from school buildings.
- Educate students and employees how their actions can affect pest control and management.
Additional to these measures, integrated pest management includes evaluation of all pest management practices that a school has and choosing pest removal and management methods with lower risk. When developing their IPM program, schools need to consider the following methods:
- Methods need to be cost effective.
- All methods need to be safe and easy to use.
- Methods need to aid in prevention of pest infestations.
- All methods have to be safe for other animals that are not pests.
- Methods need to have minimal effect on surrounding environment.
- All methods need to be safe for humans.
Schools are an ideal breeding place for pests because they have an infinite supply of food, water and shelter. Masters Pest Control Sydney has extensive experience in managing all types of pests that can be found in schools, which gives us the ability to control and manage pest infestations from preschools to university campuses. Our school pest management procedures start with a detailed and thorough site inspection after which we use our findings to create a bulletproof pest management program that will be tailored made according to your school's needs.
We provide eco-friendly commercial pest control treatments for a variety types of business. Check out our professional commercial services below:
School Pest Control Services
Flying pests control: there are many types of flies that are considered as pests and these can carry many types of microorganisms that can contaminate food in school´s cafeteria and cause disease in children and students. Our management and control services deal with all flying pests quickly and efficiently.
Rodent and mice control: Rats and mice can quickly contaminate food and water and spread debilitating diseases. They can also bite their way through walls and electrical wiring which makes them one of the most damaging pests out there. Masters Pest Control Sydney will apply a customized rodent and mice control designed after a detailed inspection and site survey which will allow you to get rid of these pests as quickly as a click of your mouse.
Pest exclusion service: pests can easily enter the school through doors and wall cracks. Masters Pest Control Sydney will collaborate with you and give you instructions on how to seal these potential entry points, thus protecting your school before any infestation has been able to occur.
Benefits Of Using Your Local Pest Controller
Going to school or a university needs to be a fun time for all children and pests can ruin their experience very quickly. Sole presence of pests in school areas can have negative consequences on children and their health which makes having a professional pest management service provider a necessity for every school out there.
IPM in school is still not used often and it is even less often fully understood. This is why we have decided to share some additional information on the importance of this method. IPM practices are focused on the following:
- Carefully monitoring pest populations
- Precisely identifying pest species that are affecting the school
- Determining damage levels and action levels that need to be taken
- Selecting the least hazardous control methods for control and management
- Target control methods in such a way that they do not negatively affect children, adults, pets and other animal species
- Protect and minimize any damage to the environment
- Educate people on how they can help reduce and prevent pest infestations
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all control and management measures that have been taken.
Masters Pest Control Sydney is a professional pest management and control service provider that is able to deal with all types of pests in your school quickly and efficiently. Sydney wide pest controller, all pests including all pests found in schools, warranty on all work 02 8007 4666.
Masters Pest Control Sydney
We provide eco-friendly pest control treatments. If you still struggle with pest issues or if you want a complete pest solution that protects your commercial properties from any harmful effects, check out our professional services below: