The Sydney Suburb of Penrith has reported an increase in rodent infestation cases. In recent times, Penrith has experienced a boom in residential development, thus creating ideal opportunities for rodents to live. The increase in land excavation, building sites and rubbish disposals has an impact on attracting rodents.
A Look into Our Rodent Control Process
Masters Pest Control Sydney, guidelines that we abide by at all times:
- Always conduct a detailed inspection before doing anything else.
- Always recommend both non-chemical and chemical control measures.
- Always read the labels and use products according to instructions on the labels.
- Always quote multiple visits to ensure there is enough bait for rodents.
- Always use a range of products in your treatment””do not rely on just one.
Signs of Rodents to watch out for Penrith
Aside from the obvious, which is the presence of live and dead rodents, we are also on the lookout for several types of evidence. During an inspection, we also look for signs of activity such as the following:
- Droppings ”“ The texture, size, shape and quantity can also help during inspection. If they are shiny, black and gleaming, then they are definitely fresh. On the other hand, if they are grey, dusty and crumbling, then they are older, suggesting that the infestation may not be ongoing or advancing.
- Tracks ”“ Rodent activity can be also revealed by their footprints and tail marks.
- Smear marks (also known as “rub marks” or “grease marks”) ”“ These are made by rodents when they come into contact with a hard surface over a period of time. They can be found around entry points, instantly indicating locations that need sealing.
- Gnaw marks ”“ Very easy to notice, these marks are usually found where rodents have chewed through materials like timber or cardboard to gain access to foodstuffs and nesting sites.
- Burrows ”“ These are usually made by Norway rats or mice and roof rats.
- Nests ”“ These are hard to find in the case of roof rats because they are hidden away in roof voids and other obscure areas. Mice nests are more commonly noticed because they usually live in lower areas.
- Sounds ”“ You can normally hear rodents in the evening or dawn as it is during that time they come out to play. These would typically emanate from the roof void.
- Smell ”“ Rodents have a characteristic odour which cannot be mistaken for anything else. This odour is sickly sweet and cloying and lingers after the rodents disappear.
- Stock damage and consumption ”“ Being big eaters, they eat around 10% of their total body weight each day and they destroy much more in the process.
Who are Masters Pest Control Sydney?
At Masters Pest Control Sydney, we take rodent control seriously. Given our decades’ worth of pest control expertise, targeting your home’s unwelcome guests is a job that we are more than ready and willing to take on. We work on properties located in greater metropolitan Sydney, covering Penrith and surrounding suburbs.
Our team of professionals takes great pride in delivering superior service and utilising people, pet and planet-friendly solutions. Furthermore, we only employ the best of the best. All of or technicians have more than 10 years of training and experience. At Masters we guarantee the best pest solutions.
Need an expert to solve your Rodent issues?
If you live in Penrith and need to hire a professional to eradicate rodents in your home, give us a call right away. Simply fill out the form on our site and have an expert respond to your inquiry or dial 02 8007 466 to speak with us.Call us (02) 8007 4666 for Rodent services Penrith!