A good homeowner knows a lot of things can go wrong with one’s home. From leaking gutters to fire damage, it is always a good practice to have a budget for home repairs and maintenance. But if there’s anything you need to be ready of, it is the damage brought by nasty little termites.
In a 2012 study commissioned by the Australian Environmental Pest Managers Association (AEPMA), researchers found that average cost of treatment and repair of termite damage was approximately $10,000 per house. One thing is certain. You need to invest in termite control before it is too late.
Here are 10 important reasons why you need to invest in termite control.
- The cost of repair damage is more expensive. As we have mentioned before, the cost of treatment and repair of termite damage is $10,000 on average. There are plenty of cases where the extent of the termite damage can cost higher. Compare that to a few hundred dollars for annual termite control fees—mere pennies versus repairing termite damage.
- Termite activity affects your home’s structural integrity. Termites love wood. If parts of your home is made of wood, termites will eat through them. From support beams to wall posts and even your drywall, these pests can make your home unlivable. It can be hazardous to stay with the risk of your home falling down.
- Termites can pose risks to your health. Termites are not known to carry diseases. They do bite but the sting is non-toxic. However, these pests can cause breathing problems and allergic reactions. Dust from termite nests as well as their droppings can be irritants that cause asthmatic attacks.
- Termites destroy valuables. Do you have a lot of photographs? How about books? Do you store money at home? Anything made of paper is at risk of getting eaten by termites.
- You want to resell your property. Termites not only eat through your home, they can also eat your home’s resale value even after the termite damage is controlled. Termites are active all-year-round. You may see more activity during the summer, but termites are actually active throughout the year, even during the winter. The cold temperature only changes their routine as they move deeper into the ground.
- Do-It-Yourself is not as effective. Termites are some of the toughest pests to treat. Doing it yourself with pesticides just may not cut it. Not only will it take more time and effort investment from you, it may also not yield the result you desire.
- Termite control professionals are experts. Termite control requires strategic planning. Pest control experts take into consideration the size of your home and the type of method that would work best. They also have the expertise to see signs of infestation that may be invisible to the untrained eye. (Read: Termite Barrier)
- Termite control experts have proper equipment. Aside from professional grade termiticide, termite control experts also have professional grade equipment that an average homeowner does not have. Termites can reside underground and to reach them, you may need drills, injection rods and shovels.
- You want to have peace of mind. At the end of the day, every homeowners wants to sleep peacefully at night without any worry. Your home is one of the most valuable possessions that you have. Protecting it from pests should be your number one priority.
For effective termite control, choose Masters Pest Control Sydney. Call our friendly termite control experts on (02) 8007 4666 and get a free quote.